Thursday, March 4, 2010

Site: Craft Gawker

Craftgawker is a site where people can submit photos with a link attached.  It's generally used for etsy sellers to advertise their wares, or photobloggers, or designing people.  It's very aesthetically pleasing to look at, and they're very picky about what they choose to put up, so pictures stay on the front page for about a day.  It's a great way to show off what you have, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the only people who go to the site, are those who are submitting things, so they aren't really looking to buy.  Although I could be wrong.

Now I've submitted 5 things to craftgawker so far (that picture on the right is of my latest submission) and so for 4 of them have been denied, and I'm really just waiting on the 5th denial in a few days.  It's usually for reasons like my photo is blurry or washed out or something.  I use a super nice SLR camera to take my pics so I really don't think they're blurry, but craftgawker just doesn't like them.  So finger's crossed this latest one gets in! (Although I'm not really holding my breath.)  But the site is a lot of fun to go and peruse around and see lots of pretty stuff.  They also have two sister sites weddinggawker and foodgawker, which I'm sure are lots of fun as well.  Have a great evening, and I'll be back tomorrow with some inspirational photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment