Saturday, March 6, 2010

Inspirational Photo Saturday : Gypies

I've always been intrigued by gypsies.  I've always thought a nomadic lifestyle was very romantic (how naive of me, I know...), but the myths and legends that surround gypsies have captivated me as well.  Tales of fortune telling,  magical powers, their oneness with nature and deep family ties: it all pulls my heartstrings. They gypsies that surround Notre Dame in Paris begging for money have tarnished my magical persona of gypsies, but only a bit. 

These pictures are an ode to gypsies and the nomadic lifestyle: living in caravans, riding horses, and of course catching lightening bugs for light at night.  (I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I really want to see a lightening bug sometime in my life!)

I have to make a long drive tomorrow so maybe this was what brought this on... either way I think the pictures are beautiful.
(all photos are from weheartit)
I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I'll be a slave to the I-5 tomorrow, trying deperately to not get pulled over.
Have a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment