Thursday, April 22, 2010

Hello Old Friend, It's Been Too Long

Being the daughter of intelligent and awesome people I grew up listening to NPR on the radio.  "Fresh Air with Terry Gross", "All Things Considered", and occasionally "Car Talk" were all programs whose sound I easily recognized and could listen to, even if the content was usually way over my head.  I still know that NPR is fantastic radio but I haven't been able to actually find it in either of the cars I drive now.  (You can't actually read the numbers on one of the cars, so that makes it rather difficult.)  But my problem has been solved!


I am the proud and addicted owner of the amazing Droid Eris, which I maintain is an iPhone with a much cheaper app library, and way better cell reception.  There is an NPR app for the Droid which allows you to see the programs that have aired, including blurbs about their content, and then you can listen straight away or add it to a playlist for listening to later.  Seriously, it's perfect.  As I was driving home from my internship at a non-profit the other day I saw an article called "Non-profits Find Social Media Presents New Challenges", ironically this was the topic of the meeting I had just been in.  As I made my way through traffic on the 405 I listened to the article, and felt more informed on the topic.  Today I sifted through the "All Songs Considered" program and added a bunch to my playlist, so as I played video games and did stuff around the house I got to listen to some awesome new music from various bands, as well as a cool program were Jonsi played DJ and had some Iron Maiden, Billie Holiday, Audrey Hepburn and Django Reinhardt.

So if you have a Droid you should DEFINITELY download the NPR app for listening to on the go, but I believe you can listen to all the programs on NPR.org, so head there for a good time.

2 comments:

  1. hi!,I like your writіng very a lot! proportion ωe cоmmuniсate еxtrа appгoхimately your аrticle οn AΟL?
    Ӏ requiгe an eхpeгt in this area to solvе my problem.
    Maу be that іs yоu! Taking a lоok aheаd to look you.


    Mу page ... personal loans

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave a response whenever I especially enjoy a article on a site or if
    I have something to add to the discussion. It's triggered by the passion communicated in the article I looked at. And on this article "Hello Old Friend, It's Been Too Long". I was actually excited enough to post a thought :) I do have a couple of questions for you if it's allright. Is it just me or do some of the responses appear like they are left by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are posting at additional online social sites, I would like to follow anything fresh you have to post. Would you make a list the complete urls of all your public pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Here is my web blog - School of Nursing's programs

    ReplyDelete