Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Decorating with Typography

So decorating our house has been happening slowly but surely, resulting in an amalgamation of furniture from my parents, grandparents, IKEA, and assorted things we've all picked up over the years. (Like the 100 lb. television Dot and I bought off Craigs List. Definitely buyers remorse on that one...) There isn't much of a theme to the house, although people always say our house feels very homey.

But I ran across these photos on the blog Design is Mine. And they make me want to redesign every room of the house, even the bathroom.





I love the way the letters (or numbers) used can sometimes help define a room (like the SOAP one), or just provide a creative montage to accent a wall (like all those letters behind the desk). Either way if I ever run across a bunch of letters, I may have to buy them purely because these pictures totally inspire me. And it kinda reminds me of those fridge magnet letters. I always thought those were really cool. So I hope that those lovely design images got your inner interior decorator neurons firing.

No comments:

Post a Comment