Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Blog: Check My Shelf

I love peeking into other people's lives. I guess in that respect I'm a terrible snoop, but I can't help LOVING overhearing snippets of conversation, or glancing through windows with the blinds only half drawn. It's in these private moments that you really see people. You see the basic-ness of human existence. That despite the wars, and religious conflict, and ideological battles that make up the news and our daily lives, we're all just the same. We want to love and be loved, to read, watch, relax, and enjoy life.

With this in mind I love the new blog that's popped up recently Check My Shelf, where people send in a picture of a shelf and a little about them. And I love this blog not because I'm featured on today's post (which is rather exciting I think!), but because this really is a look into other people's lives. The books or shoes or fabric samples they have, the way they organize it, it all intrigues me. I love Mila's Shelf, it's so well organized and bright and clean and welcoming! I just want to lay in bed all day with a cup of tea and READ.

Which reminds me, this would make a great edition to any room, in any house, but especially a room with a great bookcase chockablock full of great books.

It's the READ recycled wood sign available from the charming Etsy shop of WilliamDohman. He also has great variations on the READ sign that say things like LOVE, ADORE, GROW, THINK, LIQUOR, you know, the usual. :)

Anyways, here is a lovely song that sometimes gives me chills if I listen intently to all the words.
It has a great message of peace and all that good stuff, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment