Saturday, December 5, 2009

Currently Reading:

These lovely books:
So far I like it, the writing style is really fluid and lyrical. I am thoroughly engrossed to say the least. It's very psychological at times. In this way it reminds me of Crime & Punishment (and not just because the author is Russian).


I actually started reading this one before Lolita but decided to read Lolita first. I may decide to try and read all the books that this little Iranian book club read before I read the book, I'm not sure yet. Lolita seemed like a prerequisite at the very least.

My boyfriends mom gave this book to me, as she grew up in Alice Springs, AU. It seems really interesting so far. When I googled the book to find the cover for this post I found out it's a movie as well. After I finish I may try and rent it.

Started this over the summer but let it fall to the wayside behind Paulo Coelho' s "The Witch of Portobello" and Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere", amongst other books. Will get back to it someday so I can complete the Ender Saga. I think I'm feeling the Classics (or books that are considered "literature" at least) because I'm not bogged down with school reading. When I was in school reading boring textbooks all the time I needed a good science fiction escape, but now I want to learn as much as I can, because I'm not getting the intellectual stimulation I'm used to.
Interesting.
Signed,
A once and always bibliophile

No comments:

Post a Comment